Thursday, 1 August 2013

Love Poems of Dr Abraham Karickam No. 1: FOR THE CONTACT


FOR THE CONTACT

As a tree with roots above
And branches down and all around,
Ever I long to reside in Thee
For sap in veins for me to thrive.

My cells dry up and cry for help
As they fail to catch contact;
With withering parts and dying leaves
Can I face the gathering storm?

It is after ages of penance
And passion such that never recedes,
That I got a chance to sprout
And grow in earnest hope and joy.

Numerous of my kin around
Run and die in scorching heat;
Had I shady bowers over,
They could relax and go in peace.

When deserts spread and oceans dry
And the Center sways in atomic tremor;
Can I hope to catch a  glimmer?                                                                              
Of that face I longed to see?

                                          Abraham Karickam

No comments:

Post a Comment